Tuesday, November 16, 2010

totally smitten.


GRANT HAMILTON. at the mall.


GRANT HAMILTON. peppermint.




GRANT HAMILTON. banana cream pie.

I believe I may have found my new favorite artist today. Grant Hamilton captures colors with a Polaroid camera unlike anything I've seen. I'm a sucker for some Mark Rothko, and I find Hamilton's photographs equally as inspiring. I love color field paintings because of the inexplicable feelings they evoke; it's like looking at an emotion. And somehow, looking at these Polaroid photographs on my computer monitor, I am filled with the same excitement I feel when I am standing in front of a Morris Louis painting at the NCMA. Discovering these photographs at the end of a wonderful day at work, while listening to some feel-good music, as I patiently wait for my lovely man-friend to come home to me.... best Tuesday in a long time.

If anyone is looking for the perfect Christmas present for someone, you can find it here. or here. or HERE!